To create your ultimate life takes commitment, time and daily practice. Intuition is crucial as you will trust your inner voice and what is right for you.
Start each day with the intention of being intuitive, of listening to your inner voice. A great way to do this is by using affirmations, which are positive statements that we repeat over and over again. Affirmations can be used in any area of your life. They reinforce to your mind the outcome that you are looking to achieve.
For example, choose an affirmation such as ‘I love and approve of myself’ or one relating to intuition such as:
- I trust and love my intuition.
- My intuition is part of me and it is always right.
- I am intuitive.
- My intuition will guide me.
Work on an affirmation for at least 21 days or until you feel that it has locked in and you believe it wholeheartedly. Once you have completed the process, you can begin with another affirmation.
Have set places where you repeat your affirmation. For example, on the toilet, at a red light, while peeling potatoes, on the treadmill and anytime a negative thought comes into your head. You can also write it on a heart-shaped piece of paper and carry it in your pocket, write it out a certain number of times every day in a journal, write it on your bathroom mirror and read it in the morning when you wake up and write it on the back of your hand and explain it to anyone who asks about it.
Throughout the process you are focusing your intention and ordering up what you want in your life. Your thoughts, words and actions also have to mirror the affirmation so that they penetrate to your core. With some perseverance and a longing, the affirmation will become true for you.
For affirmations to be successful remember the following:
- Clearly write down the affirmation.
- Imagine for a moment that you have achieved the affirmation.
- Confirm with yourself that this affirmation is right for you at this time.
- Make a conscious decision about how you will act in accordance with this affirmation.
- Connect with a higher source and ask for guidance.
- Do everything possible to make this affirmation a reality.
If it feels right, it probably is.
Another crucial key in creating “Your Best Life” is mediation. I cannot stress enough the importance of daily mediation practice. And that is exactly what it is, practice.
The purpose of mediation is to calm the mind, slow down the body and to connect to a higher spiritual level. This enables you to move out of the mind and connect to your inner guidance, your inner wisdom, your intuition. In other words, meditation uplifts the mind and soul so that you are living from a higher level of consciousness.
Many people avoid meditation for various reasons. Some want to avoid connecting with themselves because stopping and just being can be very uncomfortable for some people. Meditation can feel unproductive and sometimes you may have trouble quieting down your thoughts. Remember that with practice meditation will get easier. Know that learning the skill of meditation will bring you inner guidance, intuition, clarity and peace. It takes time, patience and commitment and requires that you trust the time put aside will be worth the rewards.
Breathing to develop your intuition
Good breathing is crucial. It is more than the means for taking oxygen into the body – it serves as our universal life force and connection to the universe. The breath brings the mind, body and spirit into complete harmony and balance.
For a few minutes simply inhale and exhale deeply and slowly putting all your focus into the process. Appreciate breathing as a sensual pleasure. Let yourself feel the cool air from your nostrils on your face. Feel the slow body movement of your lungs as you breathe in and out. Focusing on your breathing in this way slows you down. Over time and with practice it will help in the expansion of your intuition.
Using Your Intuition
Your intuition is with you all the time and you can use it when you tap into it. It is about trusting yourself and knowing that the universe will support you. Your intuition can help you to grow from a personal development perspective, help improve your relationships and assist you with your finances and creativity. Remember the following:
- Think very clearly about what you want: “I want to improve communication with my partner.” “I want to write a book.” Ensure that you are clear and specific about the reason for tapping into your intuition. Tap into it and trust the answers that come up for you.
- Ask the question: This involves putting something out to the universe and to yourself intuitively. It is about asking for inner guidance. ‘Should I move to the other side of town?’ ‘Should I begin to see a counsellor?’
- Gather information: Acting on intuition alone is not enough. Information and education need to support and go hand in hand with your intuition.
- Allow your intuition to play a large part in the decision-making process: Assess what you have collected, but if your head is saying one thing and your heart another, trusting your intuition is key. Often the first thoughts that rise in your head are the best.
- Take action: You only benefit if you actually respond to your instinct.
We are all born with a powerful sense of intuition, but very few of us let this nurture within us. Taking the time to do this with commitment and persistence is vital as it takes time to develop and practise it. Intuition can help in so many areas of your life and with some time and patience it can help you make decisions, improve relationships, embrace your creativity, find your purpose and improve your self-esteem. Ultimately you will create Your Best Life.
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. ANATOLE FRANCE