Is it time to map your marriage? When did you last reflect on your marriage and the reality you are living?
What is the reality of your marriage, not the stories in your head?
Are you in an Empowered marriage filled with passion, desire and love?
Or perhaps your feeling some of the list below.
- Feeling lost, anxious, confused, sad, regret, caged, unfulfilled?
- Not feeling heard or a priority?
- There’s no intimacy with your partner?
- Tired of not having enough money in your marriage?
- Your so stressed and run down and feel unsupported with your partner?
- You’re feeling restless, you’re not living to your potential?
- Your unhealthy, unfit and overweight?
- And more…………..
Is it causing you pain? Perhaps your numb, suppressed your feelings and are shut down? Have you shared this with your partner?
Unless you get that you matter, the change will be nonexistence or will be slow and tiresome. You must care for yourself enough to want to change and be the best version you can be in your marriage.
It’s a decision. Not a wish, a hope, a dream.
WE only change when we are uncomfortable enough in our reality to do so.
Map your marriage looks at the different areas that make up your marriage (From Prepare-Enrich Marriage Program)
- Conflict Resolution
- Partner Style and Habits
- Financial Management
- Leisure Activities
- Sexuality and Affection
- Family and friends
- Relationship Roles
- Children and Parenting
- Spiritual Beliefs
Getting clear on What do you want and what your willing to do to get what you want is the key.
Discovering the strength and growth areas of your marriage is the place to start to map your marriage.
Select the strength areas, most agreement and positive aspects of your marriage.
Select the growth areas, most disagreement and areas you want to improve on.
Another way to map your marriage is if you had no limits and you could create your ideal life what would that be.
- Create your ideal life with no limitations and all the time in the world.
- Imagine what that would look like and feel like.
- List what you would do throughout the day knowing you are successful with no limitations.
- How much will you earn, how will you feel, what kind of person would you be, where would you live, what would you be doing for a living?
What would your marriage look like, feel like?
Taking the time map your marriage and deciding what areas need attention is a place to start.
The process of Mapping your Marriage if done repeatedly can create change. Chunking it down to bite-size pieces and planning realistically is the key. Making it a priority and working at it with assertive communication will in time create changes.
Tune into to my Empowered Marriage Podcast to learn more. This week’s podcast is available now and discusses this topic in more depth. Map your marriage: https://www.powerofchange.com.au/empowered-marriage-podcast/