The 4 Warning Signs – Warning signs your marriage and relationship are in trouble can be slow and gradual and one day you realise you are not happy.
When you get married you anticipate that you get married for life and no mention of divorce. If you ignore the warning signs and hope that communication in your relationship will magically improve you are dreaming.
Is your relationship a priority is the question to ask yourself.
Do you make time for each other?
Do you listen to understand?
There is a distinct slow change in relationships so it’s important to address this as soon as possible.
The 4 Warning Signs
4 Stages to Loss of love and passion
You begin resisting what your partner is saying, feeling, or doing and start criticising your partner in your mind. You stop being so transparent with your partner. If you have children, your relationship could be under strain and you could be feeling unsupported and unloved. You’re feeling uncomfortable and not sharing your inner world.
An intense dislike, blaming and judging. You’re not listening to understand. Resentment builds like a pressure cooker, like a mountain.
Resistance and resentment have built up and it’s impossible to stay emotionally connected.
To keep the peace you have repressed your emotions. You’re numb to your feelings and tired and shut down.
Make your relationship a priority with effective communication is crucial. Begin with spending time together, here are some examples :
- Sitting aside designated times during each day to talk.
- Enjoying regular date nights.
- Moving heaven and earth to make sure that nothing else gets in the way of the two of you spending quality time together, your relationship needs to become a priority.
- To get up from whatever you’re doing and just give each other a big hug when your partner gets home.
- Kiss studies show that oxytocin a feel-good hormone is released through physical contact. And so, this helps you to naturally feel closer and better about yourself and your relationship.
- Introducing an electronic ban. Both of you put all your electronic equipment out of the bedroom.
- When did you last look into your partner’s eyes? Start eye gazing. That is a tremendous way to start connecting with each other without having to talk.
Tune in to my Empowered Marriage Podcast to learn more. This fortnight’s podcast is available now and discusses this topic in more depth.
The 4 Warning Signs – https://www.powerofchange.com.au/empowered-marriage-podcast/