Start each day with the intention of being intuitive, of listening to your inner voice. A great way to do this is by using affirmations, which are positive statements that we repeat over and over again. Affirmations can be used in any area of your life. They reinforce to your mind the outcome that you are looking to achieve.
For example, choose an affirmation such as ‘I love and approve of myself’ or one relating to intuition such as:
- I trust and love my intuition.
- My intuition is part of me and it is always right.
- I am intuitive.
- My intuition will guide me.
Work on an affirmation for at least 26 days or until you feel that it has locked in and you believe it wholeheartedly. Once you have completed the process, you can begin with another affirmation.
Have set places where you repeat your affirmation. For example, on the toilet, at a red light, while peeling potatoes, on the treadmill and anytime a negative thought comes into your head. You can also write it on a heart-shaped piece of paper and carry it in your pocket, write it out a certain number of times every day in a journal, write it on your bathroom mirror and read it in the morning when you wake up and write it on the back of your hand and explain it to anyone who asks about it.
Throughout the process you are focusing your intention and ordering up what you want in your life. Your thoughts, words and actions also have to mirror the affirmation so that they penetrate to your core. With some perseverance and a longing the affirmation will become true for you.
For affirmations to be successful remember the following:
- Clearly write down the affirmation.
- Imagine for a moment that you have achieved the affirmation.
- Confirm with yourself that this affirmation is right for you at this time.
- Make a conscious decision about how you will act in accordance with this affirmation.
- Connect with a higher source and ask for guidance.
- Do everything possible to make this affirmation a reality.
What are you going to work on?